Garage Door Opener Installation - Orange County, CA
PROCESS OF REPAIRING AND REPLACING DOOR OPENERS
The repair or replacement of the existing garage door opener installation in Orange County is more cost-effective, and an easy process if it is done by competent experts. When it comes to a door opener repair or a garage door opener installation, it is always advisable to look for qualified professionals like Orange County Garage Door Masters. No doubt, with a garage door opener, it becomes easy to get in and out of your garage. This also secures your car and keeps it safe from danger, theft or break-ins. As it offers you so much of convenience, it deserves your utmost attention.
Some of the steps that are followed in repair and replacement of door openers are given below:
REPAIR OF A GARAGE DOOR OPENER
- Look at dirty rollers. Remove them and clean them with kerosene or degreaser. Allow them to dry completely and apply some mechanical oil over them and place them back in their actual position.
- Put a screwdriver in the adjustment holes on the garage opener unit's shield on the wall to move the lock of the door to the right position.
- Repair the bend tracks of the door, by using a screwdriver. Tighten all the screws on the brackets with the help of a screwdriver.
- Make sure to check the batteries in the external signal units.
- Make sure the garage springs are in a good condition. Note that there are mainly two kinds of garage doors opener springs, i.e,. extension and torsion.
REPLACEMENT OF A GARAGE DOOR OPENER
- Use a socket wrench to remove the top and bottom bolts from the handle at the opener front. A technician simply stands on a ladder and uses a socket wrench to take away the bolts from the strip above the garage motor unit.
- Make sure to remove the wiring and safety lenses from the middle corners of the tracks. Use the ladder to remove bolts from the front metal bar gripping the door motor unit in place. Drop the unit to the floor carefully.
- Remove the bolts and wire from the middle bracket. Carefully drop the entire centre piece to the floor.
- Collect the middle guide for the new garage door opener. Place it above the garage door. Now place the motor unit on the top at the other end.
- Now lift up the motor unit and re-attach it to the actual metal brackets. Once again, attach the opener bar of "J"-shaped to the middle
Since garage doors are quite heavy, their proper functioning solely depends on the functioning of the motor and other components. Exerting more weight on your door can lead to breaking of the important components of the door, causing the motor to fail. Therefore, you should refrain from hanging heavy objects on the door. You must also not place heavy objects on the track as they can obstruct the pathway. They might also hinder the movement in the horizontal track and thwart the door from functioning smoothly.
By carefully following the above mentioned given instructions, our technicians can easily repair or replace or carry out garage door opener installation.
Call us today to book an appointment for any kind of garage door opener and garage door repair service in Orange County.